Which best describes what you are looking for?
We help develop efficient workout programs that help you get back to doing what you love while respecting your recovery.
Packages and Individual Sessions available below.
We Offer 2 workshops:
and Ready to Run
Bridging the gap between your 6-week clearance visit and doing what you enjoy.
If you feel lost after having your baby, you are not alone. This is the number one reason that moms work with me.
Many women want to get back to the activities that they used to enjoy so that they can feel more like themselves again,
but how do you do this?
Your body has changed and you might feel weaker than you ever have in your life. Plus, you have a tiny human relying on you, so you don’t have much time to search for answers, get injured, or even get to the gym.
I have studied postpartum exercise and recovery so that you don’t have to go back to school. Thank goodness. You have enough on your plate already.
I can be your guide through this physical* transformation that takes more than 6 weeks (Romano et al. 2010). I will help you get back to doing what you love so that you can feel like yourself again and take care of your baby with a little more ease.
active mom wellness programs
Work with our postpartum specialist, Alex
Typical wellness goals we help with postpartum:
- Return to exercise after birth with or without pelvic pain, incontinence, diastasis recti, and pelvic organ prolapse both during and after pregnancy
- Return to running and impact sports
- Improving postpartum recovery time (ACOG 2020)
- Transitioning to exercise after discharge from PT or clearance to begin exercise
- Improving performance safely postpartum
- Preventing injury with your workout program
- It is never too late to work on postpartum fitness; postpartum is forever!
- These services are not a replacement for physical therapy
Our Wellness programs typically consist of exercise and lifestyle education for preventing injury, promoting healthy lifestyle and improving quality of life. Integrative approach considering diet*, activity, mental health*, physical health.
We will help you find the right program for you
We believe success starts with getting to know you BEFORE you commit to working with us. Understanding where you are in your journey and your goals is vital to creating the right program for you. This is why we start with a discovery call.
Wellness Services are not a replacement for Physical Therapy Services or healthcare services and you can rest assured that screening for conditions that are better addressed with PT is included when working with us. Clearance to exercise is a requirement for any Wellness Program. Please discuss this with your provider prior to initiating wellness services and share any restrictions discussed.
- a discovery call to discuss your goals and determine the right services for you; we will schedule your evaluation at the end of this call
- a fitness/wellness evaluation that looks at how you are currently moving, which may include an assessment of your abdominals, pelvic floor (externally), breathing, strength, coordination/balance, scar tissue healing, and body mechanics – this varies based on your individual needs
- a discussion of where you are in your postpartum recovery journey compared to realistic recovery timelines based on the evaluation findings
- an individual plan and program to address your goals – with wellness services, you are really in the driver’s seat, so your provider may make recommendations, but we will make a plan together that works around your expectations!
- Treatments may include:
- Manual therapy (hands-on treatment)
- Home Exercise Program
To help determine which service is right for you, try asking yourself this question: What is my main goal?
Is your main goal to address pain or difficulty performing your daily activities? Then services generally begin with Physical Therapy.
Is your main goal is more to address fitness, prevention of injury or improve performance? Then Wellness Services are likely a better fit.
Typical Women’s Health Physical Therapy complaints we help with postpartum:
- Trouble returning to pre-pregnancy levels of activity
- Pain or difficulty carrying and lifting baby
- Diastasis recti and other changes to your abdominals
- Feeling tired, sore and worn out at the end of the day that keeps you from enjoying what you want to do after baby goes to bed
- Postural pain with breastfeeding
- Pelvic Girdle/SIJ pain
- C-section scar pain
- Back pain
- Neck, shoulder, back, hip, knee and foot/ankle pain
To learn more about Postpartum Physical Therapy Services, go here.
We currently Offer 2 Workshops:
Active Mom Group Fitness Workshop Series
- Postpartum Foundations
- this class bridges the gap between your 6 week check up and returning to pre-pregnancy activity and exercises.
- Ready to Run
- this class offers self assessments to determine if you are ready to return to running and impact activities, provides exercises to help you get back to running, and offers tips on running mechanics as you take you hit the pavement
Taught by Alex Courts, a doctor of physical therapy with post-doctorate training in postpartum corrective exercise. These classes may help to prevent injury and optimize your performance. This class is not a replacement for physical therapy services or healthcare advice and can be a great transition from physical therapy to fitness.
Care that is convenient to you.
We don’t want a trip to the clinic to be a barrier, so we primarily come to you. Some problems can be best solved at home. Here are just a few that we help clients with:
- how to use your equipment
- breastfeeding setup
- baby care
- lifting from crib
- baby wearing
- workstation setup
- sleeping setup
If it’s space you need, we also have clinic space available. Our sessions are still private and one-on-one so that you can make the most of your time. We have select clinic times. Here are a few reasons moms choose the clinic:
- when addressing leakage or pelvic floor pain are a primary focus
- for those who have difficulty relaxing in their home environment
- for those who just prefer getting out of the house
Our goal is to think outside-of-the-clinic. If you like learning and exercising in the community, contact us today to get on the waitlist for our next workshop or to request a new one. Here are some of the workshops we offer:
- Reconnecting with Your Abs
- Active Moms
- Postpartum Foundations
- Ready to Run
What Clients Are Saying
****See Notes for more info on our testimonials.
GET OUR LATEST FREE TIPS BEFORE AND AFTER BABY
How to return to exercise, time-saving tips, when to expect feeling like yourself again and more!
Stay INFORMED WITHOUT HAVING TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL
Romano M, Cacciatore A, Giordano R, La Rosa B. Postpartum period: three distinct but continuous phases. J Prenat Med. 2010;4(2):22-25.
Physical Activity and Exercise During Pregnancy and the Postpartum Period: ACOG Committee Opinion, Number 804. Obstet Gynecol. 2020 Apr;135(4):e178-e188. doi: 10.1097/AOG.0000000000003772. PMID: 32217980.
*The changes of motherhood are more than physical. Behavioral changes are often a part of physical therapy, however, mental, emotional and psychological changes that are impairing your ability to function should be addressed by a mental health provider. You can find perinatal mental health support here.
**Estimates are subject to change. We cannot guarantee a particular result or cost due to the nature of physical therapy services, however we will do our best to answer your concerns based on our knowledge and experience.
***Discussion of diet is provided within the scope of physical therapy practice and is not intended to replace services by a registered dietician; further referral may be necessary and will be determined on an individual basis.
****Testimonials on this site are not paid. Some of our testimonials have been provided by clients who have made purchases and some by attendees of free workshops, classes or services.