Not sure what is normal postpartum? I wasn’t either.
Here is a list of my top mental health resources near Mason, Ohio and online. Help is out there.
If you have found your way to this page, I commend you for making it here. A healthy baby starts with your health! I decided to work with a perinatal therapist after my daughter was born and it is the best gift I have given myself and my family.
Emergency & Crisis Resources:
- Call Your Healthcare Provider
- Call Your Local Emergency Number
- USA Crisis Line: Text HOME to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
Non-emergency Maternal Mental Health Support via Phone/Text:
- PSI (Postpartum Support International) Helpline:
- 1-800-944-4773 (4PPD)
- POEM (Perinatal Encouragement and Outreach for Moms)
Maternal Mental Health Self-Assessments:
- Symptoms and Self-Tests for Perinatal Mood Disorders like: Postpartum Depression, Anxiety, and PTSD
- Postpartum Depression Test
Find A Local Maternal Mental Health Provider Near You:
Support Groups for New Parents:
- For Moms (& Dads) on a variety of topics
- Many hospitals have support groups as well (pregnancy loss in particular), search or call your hospital to inquire about local groups