We help you enter birth feeling confident, capable and empowered.
Email me at email@example.com to reserve the last spot in the August Active Labor Class.
What to Expect:
- A class for you and your birth partner to learn and practice techniques you can use prior to, during and after the birth of your child that have been shown to reduce risks of injury and improve your birth experience, including movement, positioning, and hands-on comfort measures
- Gain confidence in your body by learning the various stages of labor and how current evidence supports your preferences
- Get your partner involved. Your partner will learn ways to support you during labor and birth for an improved birth experience for everyone
- Prepare for an empowered birth experience that aligns with your values no matter the circumstances
Included with this Class:
- Birth Cheat Sheet: key positions, movements, and hands-on techniques covered in class for you to use when baby is ready to arrive
- Access to our exclusive facebook group for participants of the class for group support after class ends
- Handout of Local Resources, including lactation support, maternal mental health support, and physical therapy services and more because a healthy baby starts with a healthy mom
“I highly recommend taking this class with Alex! As first-time expecting parents, my husband and I had no idea there were so many different labor positions and were unfamiliar with the many stages of labor. Alex was communicative leading up to the class, shared helpful resources before, during, and after the class, and frequently checked in to see how we were doing and if we had any questions. Her knowledge of physical therapy was very evident, and she explained anatomy concepts in a way that was easy to understand. The pictures and explanations of different labor positions on the “cheat sheet” and practicing during the class were so helpful—we will definitely be bringing it with us to the hospital! My husband and I feel so much more empowered and confident after working with Alex.” -Expectant First Time Momma
“My partner and I attended the Active Labor Class through Vibrant Physical Therapy and Wellness in preparation for the birth of our second child. Even though we had been through the process before, I had never taken a birth class and I wanted to have a better understanding and control this time around. It was an incredible experience for my partner and I. We left the class feeling so informed and prepared for any situation. This time around, I feel like my partner was way more prepared to help me through the process. Alex Courts did an incredible job with helping ease both of our stress and anxiety. She has also continued to be a fantastic resource for postpartum health. I highly recommend the Active Labor Class to all parents.” – Second Time Momma Google Review
“This Active Labor class was extremely informative and set a great foundation for preparing for child birth. I think both my husband and I assumed we would be walked through the process as I went into labor and didn’t realize just how much say we could have in the process. Understanding how different positions can be used as tools to ease pain/facilitate delivery is something that will be very beneficial. This knowledge led us to begin discussing a birth plan and feeling empowered to open up dialogue with my provider about the individualized birth plan we would like to have. I couldn’t recommend this class enough!” – First Time Couple
About the Instructor: With her doctorate in physical therapy, Alex is passionate about improving recovery for moms, which is a topic that is often not talked about enough. The decisions we make during pregnancy and birth can have an impact on our recovery, so Alex is passionate about starting this education and preparation before we are in the recovery phase of birth.
UPDATE: We are in the process of transitioning to small group classes in-person in Mason, OH. Contact us to request an individual class or for more info on our new pre-recorded online course options.