Enter birth feeling
Your body is capable.
Your partner can support you.
Your preferences matter.
*See notes section for additional information from ACOG
Which best describes what you are looking for?
Childbirth Prep Classes
Ease your fears and gain confidence. Learn to use movement and comfort measures to support your body doing what it was made to do. Get ready to meet your baby!
If you are looking for support and want to go more in-depth on specific birth topics that are important to you, coaching is for you.
Welcome to the Active Labor Childbirth Prep Class!
Are you dreaming of a powerful birth experience?
You are in the right place to make that a reality if…
- You don’t feel fully prepared yet
- You want your partner to be able to help you but they don’t know how
- You want to feel more in control
- You want to know what to do to reduce your risk of tearing or a C-section
You aren’t sure how much say you have in your birth
Now, imagine heading into birth…
- feeling confident in your body, your partner, and your provider
- knowing the movements, positions and techniques to ease your pain and help bring your baby to you
We created Active Labor to help you AND your partner feel capable and confident heading into birth.
We know you are busy, so we offer a variety of ways for you to prepare for birth. Check out the options for your childbirth class below.
What to Expect:
- A class for you and your birth partner to learn and practice techniques you can use prior to, during and after the birth of your child that have been shown to reduce risks of injury and improve your birth experience, including movement, positioning, and hands-on comfort measures
- Gain confidence in your body by learning the various stages of labor and how current evidence supports your preferences
- Get your partner involved. Your partner will learn ways to support you during labor and birth for an improved birth experience for everyone
- Prepare for an empowered birth experience that aligns with your values no matter the circumstances
Included with Childbirth Class:
- Birth Cheat Sheet: key positions, movements, and hands-on techniques covered in class for you to use when baby is ready to arrive
- Access to our facebook groups for expectant and new moms
- Handout of Local Resources, including lactation support, maternal mental health support, and physical therapy services and more because a healthy baby starts with a healthy mom
About the Instructor Alex Courts:
Dr. Alex Courts has her doctorate in physical therapy and is passionate about improving recovery for moms, which is a topic that is often not talked about enough. She uses her advanced training in obstetrics and women’s health to help achieve this goal, starting with education during pregnancy to prevent as many issues as possible. Moms have enough on their plate and Alex wants to help you set you up to thrive in your motherhood journey.
To learn more about Alex, see our About Us page.
What clients are saying
*See Notes for more info on our testimonials.
Classes that are convenient to you
The class that works around your busy schedule. Take the class all at once or at your own pace. You have access to the modules for 180 days, so you can even review the modules just before babe arrives. Plus, you can still access group support to connect with other expectant families.
*Note: We are in the process of optimizing this course. It is currently a recording of our live class with additional helpful resources. If you purchase now, you will have access to the updated course as well as the full recording (as long as your purchase is current). The price of this course is planned to increase after it has been updated.
Get informed without having to go back to school
ACOG Committee Opinion No. 766: Approaches to Limit Intervention During Labor and Birth. Obstet Gynecol. 2019 Feb;133(2):e164-e173. doi: 10.1097/AOG.0000000000003074. PMID: 30575638.
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (College); Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Caughey AB, Cahill AG, Guise JM, Rouse DJ. Safe prevention of the primary cesarean delivery. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014 Mar;210(3):179-93. doi: 10.1016/j.ajog.2014.01.026. PMID: 24565430.
Due to the nature of birth, we cannot guarantee a particular outcome. The majority of birthing people with otherwise uncomplicated pregnancy and labor have experienced a vaginal birth in the past per ACOG. In these cases, client preference and presence of support person play an important role in birth.
*Testimonials on this site are not paid. Some of our testimonials have been provided by clients who have made purchases and some by attendees of free workshops, classes or services.