Save on our online Active Labor Childbirth Prep Class
Purchase the Self-paced version of the course to learn how to ease your birth with movement. Plus, your partner will learn how to provide hands-on comfort!
How we help
save time, prepare for birth, and recover realistically
feed, lift, and care for baby in a way that supports recovery
no posture shaming, just using posture as a tool for recovery
learn how your partner can ease pain with hands-on techniques
Workshops & Guides
learn about your amazing body and how to tend to it
learn to support you body's natural ability for birth
Why work with Alex
Do you ever feel overwhelmed navigating all of the changes of motherhood?
The changes to a mom’s body alone can be mind-blowing one minute and joyous the next. More than any other time in life, it can feel like another job just to figure out how to prepare for birth, safely exercise, and recover after birth.
If you feel like your OB hasn’t given much guidance on these topics, you are not alone (McGee et al. 2018). This is the top reason clients reach out to us.
While our obstetric providers can’t be experts at everything, this lack of guidance leads many moms to turn to Google and social media for direction. What you find there can be helpful but it can also lead you down a shame and confusion spiral with thoughts like this:
- Can I exercise during pregnancy? Are epidurals bad? Do I have a diastasis?
- I was cleared to exercise, but how the heck do I get back to exercising?
We know this because our owner, Alex, and so many of our clients experience this. After becoming pregnant, Alex quickly realized that her fancy doctorate of physical therapy didn’t prepare her as well as she thought it would to deal with the changes of pregnancy, birth and beyond.
Hearing conflicting advice from her medical providers and experiencing a lack of support lead Alex to doing her own research and reaching out to women’s health experts and moms. Many women shared that they felt lost in our current healthcare system too.
Alex decided that it was time to put that fancy degree to work for moms.
Here are just a few of Alex’s women’s health qualifications:
- developed the Active Labor Childbirth Classes with the mentorship from a leader in APTA’s Pelvic Health Academy
- became a Pregnancy and Postpartum Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Pursuing Certificate of Achievement in Obstetrics
- Completed Intrapartum Lecture
- Completing Foundation Lecture in November 2021
- Pregnancy and Postpartum training on multiple topics
- Creating Space: Pelvic Dynamics, Fetal Positioning, and Use of the Rebozo with Brittany Sharpe McCollum
- Breastfeeding and Physical Therapy
- Multiple Pelvic Floor Courses
- Pregnancy Courses
- Understanding Prolapse
What clients are saying
Stay informed without having to go back to school
McGee LD, Cignetti CA, Sutton A, Harper L, Dubose C, Gould S. Exercise During Pregnancy: Obstetricians’ Beliefs and Recommendations Compared to American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists’ 2015 Guidelines. Cureus. 2018;10(8):e3204. Published 2018 Aug 25. doi:10.7759/cureus.3204
*Testimonials on this site are not paid. Some of our testimonials have been provided by clients who have made purchases and some by attendees of free workshops, classes or services.